Chili and Cornbread! YumYum!!

31.3.11

| | |
It's Thursday already?! Geez this week is just flying by! Which sucks because next week hubsie starts a month long class that I'm sure is going to make him cranky on most days. UGH! Oh well, we will survive. So anywhoser, I forgot to post those recipes I said I was going to, silly me. My memory has just been getting worse and worse. Yesterday I took a shower and forgot to wash myself in the shower...I realized this after I was already out and dry and then I ended up getting back in and washing. This sucks! Hope my memory starts working again, lol. Before I share the recipes I want to touch on this new babydoll toy...
Now, I don't think there is anything wrong with breastfeeding or with little kids playing with the "like real" babies. AND I am much less opposed to this as I am the dang Bratz dolls. However, I still think this is a little overboard. Playing with the feeding and changing diaper babies is one thing, and I am completly fine with that. But I just think that learning about everything else is something that should be kept for a more mature time. Yeah sure, it does teach that 'nipples' are more than a sexual thing, but...being in a younger generation and remembering much of growing up (despite my broken memory =P)...I could definitely see little girls being more curious about sexuality than normal because of this. I mean to the point of 'show and tell'? I dunno if that makes sense to anyone else..not sure how to explain how I feel about it. Let's just say, Riley won't have one.
Okay, enough of that. Let's go to those recipes!! YumYum!!

Hubsie's Hearty Chili

  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 canola oil
  • 2 red bell peppers, diced (about 2 cups)
  • 2 jalapenos, minced and seeded (about 2 tablespoons)
  • 3 Anaheim chiles, roasted, peeled, chopped
  • 3 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, chopped
  • 2 yellow onions, diced (about 2 cups)
  • 1 head garlic, minced (about 1/4 cup)
  • 1 pound boneless chuck, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
  • 2 pounds ground beef, coarse grind
  • 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
  • 2 teaspoons granulated onion
  • 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
  • 3 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons hot paprika
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 2 teaspoons ground coriander
  • 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 cups tomato sauce
  • 1 cup tomato paste
  • 12 ounces lager beer
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 2 (15.5-ounce) cans pinto beans, with juice
  • 2 (15.5-ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, with juice
  1. In large stock pot over high heat, add butter and bacon grease. Add bell pepper, jalapeno, chiles and onion and cook until caramelized, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute a minute longer. Add chuck and brown. Add ground beef and sausage to brown and stir gently, trying not to break up the ground beef too much. Cook until meat is nicely browned and cooked through, about 7 to10 minutes. Add in granulated onions, granulated garlic, chili powder, paprika, cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add in tomato sauce and paste and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in beer and chicken stock. Add beans, lower heat and simmer for 2 hours

Mamabear's Fluffy-Buttery Cornbread
  • 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 2/3 cups milk
  • 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Combine the eggs and milk. Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture.
  2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. metal baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm.

There you go!! Hope you all enjoy those! I will try my best to start posting more again since I'm feeling a little better. If my memory permits, at least. Well, happy Thursday everyone! The week is almost over =]]
Until next time!!

- mamabear

1 comments:

Mom said...

And I'm here to testify that the chili is AWESOME...and the cornbread is the BEST I've ever eaten!

Post a Comment

share your thoughts...