TGIF!

18.3.11

| | |
Happy Friday, everyone! Hope you all have some fun plans for this weekend! Looks like the weather is going to be nice around here, that's exciting! So yesterday our little family was asked if we wanted to take in a little Boston Terrier puppy!! Of course we agreed =PP Some of you may not know it but we recently lost our family dog Goober, he was killed by a hit and run driver =[[. But he's in a better place now! Sooo... here's to all the puppers in the world that had to leave us whether it was their time or not! We will always love you and can't wait to see you again someday =]]


Now, to a lighter note! For my yummy-sounding recipe of the day! =]] I chose this one because it's pretty simple and, if the day permits, I have all the ingredients so I could make it for dinner tonight! Here we go!

Spaghetti Carbonara

  • Kosher salt
  • 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
  • 2 red jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
  • 1/4 cup cognac or brandy (optional)
  • 12 ounces spaghetti
  • 3 large eggs
  • 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
  • 1/2 cup freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • Freshly ground pepper
  1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Combine the bacon, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, jalapenos and 1/4 cup water in a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the water evaporates and the bacon crisps, about 12 minutes. Discard the garlic. Add the cognac, if desired, and cook until it evaporates. Remove from the heat and set aside 1/4 cup bacon mixture for garnish. 
  2. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in the boiling water as the label directs. Mix the eggs, cheeses, parsley and 1 teaspoon pepper in a bowl. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking water.  
  3. Return the skillet to medium-high heat. Add the pasta and toss until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Whisk the reserved pasta water into the egg mixture, then quickly pour over the pasta and toss to gently cook the eggs and make a creamy sauce. Garnish with the reserved bacon mixture and more parmesan.     source

Doesn't that sound uh-mazing?! I can't wait to make it =]].
Tonight I have a meeting with my sponsor group for my new job with FHTM!! I'm so excited! I haven't got my e-mail to set up my personal website through them yet but I'm hoping it comes today. Once it does, I can share with you all about what it is I do- at least it will be easier to do so.
Well I'm off for now! Have to go work off that McDonald's I ate last night =PP.
Until next time!!

-mamabear

3 comments:

Jamie :) said...

I am so going to try your recipes! they look amazingly delicious! I'm excited about reading your blogs! I'm going to try and get back to posting again, just gotta make time. I may do that today! OMG and Riley bear is getting soooo big! I can't believe it's been 6 months already! Crazy! Well keep up the awesome posts mama. Bear!

mamabear0417 said...

Well thanks for reading!! =]] You DO need to start blogging again so I can follow you =D
6 months flew by so fast, I still can't believe it! and you still haven't got to see her!! UGH!!

pops said...

Hi Bugsy! Nice site here, and I happen to know a thing or three about sites. Sadly I don't know about anything else though... :P

pops...

Post a Comment

share your thoughts...