Appeteazers =]]

23.3.11

| | |
I was looking up some good party finger foods for a friend of mine and I came across this recipe. I absolutely LOVE BLTs, probably more than I should. I'm sure not everyone would agree with me when I say that they are the best thing since sliced cheese, but they truly are! I don't eat mayo or miracle whip so I usually just substitute stuff like that for ranch or dill sauce.

Little BLTs
  • 1 Container of cherry tomatoes about 24
  • ½ cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (sub. ranch dip or dill dip)
  • ¼ cup green onions, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
  1. Cook Bacon and crumble after it has cooled.
  2. In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise(or substitute), bacon, green onions, and parsley until well blended.
  3. Set aside.
  4. Cut a small slice from the top of each tomato.
  5. Using a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out the inside of each tomato and discard.
  6. Fill each tomato with the bacon mixture, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
  7. Before serving, you can top them with some sliced black olives, parsely or some more chopped bacon.
YummEEE!! I cannot wait to try this one myself but I really don't have that many get togethers lol. Maybe I will make them for the next FHTM meeting, we will see.
On a side note, the beautiful and talented Elizabeth Taylor died this morning. RIP, ma'am.


"I'm not worried about dying. I consult with God, my maker. And I don't have a lot of problems to work out. I'm pretty squared anyway." -Dame Elizabeth Taylor.

Doesn't get much prettier than that =]]

Well I hope you all enjoy the recipe for today! Probably going to be adding quite a few finger food and appetizer recipes to help my friend out.
Until next time!

- mamabear


0 comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts...