Let's get this going!

16.3.11

| | |
First to share my beautiful angel with all of you =]]



Isn't she a doll?  She's just about as perfect as it gets! My mom calls her Leelu (5th Element reference for those of you who aren't complete nerds) because she is the perfect being =PP

Anywho! Enough bragging =PP I would like to share my banana nut bread recipe! yumyum!!!



So I started off with a base banana nut bread recipe and then I changed a few things and added some things, so here we go!

Mamabear's Nanner-Nut Bread
  • 1/2 cup Shortening
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup quick cooking oats
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup chopped pecans
  • 1/4 cup maple baking syrup
  1. In a large bowl, cream together shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas. Combine flour, oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture, stirring until just moistened. Add vanilla and syrup. Fold in chopped pecans. 
  2. Transfer to 9-in. x 5-in. [metal] loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
** I also made a batch where I added 1 cup of white chocolate chips and it turned out wonderful! 

Well there's my first recipe and my first boast about my daughter! If you decide to try my recipe I hope it turns out good for you! Very easy recipe and the maple syrup makes the outside sweeter and not as dry and bland!
Thanks for reading! Until next time!!! =]]

-mamabear


1 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Baby!

I like your blog. Thanks for letting me know about it. And, yes, LeeLu is the perfect being, the fifth element...pure LOVE!

Your banana nut bread recipe sounds good. Can't wait to taste it!

I just got a recipe today you might want to try and then include on your blog. It's called "Sopapilla Cheesecake". IT'S WONDERFUL!!! It taste like a cream cheese Danish.

Ingredients
2 cans refrigerated crescent rolls
2 cups sugar
2 8 oz boxes cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
cinnamon to taste

How to make it:
In the bottom of a 9x13 pan place 1 can of crescent rolls. Flatten to edges, do not separate.
Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, and vanilla with mixer. Spread over flattened crescent rolls in pan.
Place the other can of rolls on top, do not separate.
Melt butter and add remaining sugar and stir. Spread on top of rolls.
Sprinkle with cinnamon across entire pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly brown. (Crust will look like cinnamon toast.)

IT'S SO GOOD!!! O_O

Love you!

Post a Comment

share your thoughts...