Remembering a Time Before

19.4.11

| | |
Today is the 16th anniversary of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City. I had the pleasure of being able to go down to the memorial for a photography project while I was in school. Walking around the grounds you can really feel the love and the pain of the people who lost loved ones in the bombing. Along the outside fence there are notes, flowers, small toys, pictures, and mementos that have been left in honor of the ones that we lost. It was hard to walk through and look at all the things that are left and think about losing someone to such a tragedy. I can't imagine what it was, and still is, like to go through that. I took a lot of pictures while I was there, none of which are digital and most of which aren't even printed from negatives yet. But I do have a collage of pictures of something that really touched Hubsie and I.

The Survivor Tree is a symbol of human resilience. Today, as a tribute to renewal and rebirth, the inscription around the tree reads, “The spirit of this city and this nation will not be defeated; our deeply rooted faith sustains us.” 
The Survivor Tree is an elm tree on the memorial grounds that witnessed and survive the horrible tragedy. It stands as a reminder that no matter what horrible things we may witness or live through, we stay grounded and can overcome any obstacle.

I hope that everyone can someday experience the Oklahoma City Bombing Memorial. It is a powerful place.


On a side note, I added a new section to my blog! It's 'Shop SFC'!! I don't have a whole bunch up there right now, but I will add some more when I get the chance! Here are some quick links to the stuff I have up there



Go take a look! Anywhoser! I'm off for now. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!! Don't forget to go vote for miss Riley again today!! =]]
Until next time!!

- mamabear

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mamabear this is a Hinkster here, LOVE your blog. It is really a neat looking site. I will def be back to visit. Just wanted to let you everyone at the HM has fallen in love with Riley. She is a really pretty little baby. I voted about 30 times today. I hope we can keep her at #1. If your mom asks I am KyWildcat. Also known as Cindy

mamabear0417 said...

Well, thank you very much! Always glad to have more readers! & Trust me, I don't blame anyone for falling in love with her hehehe. Her daddy is worried more about the effect it will have on her in high school though hahahaha. Thanks so much for the support, I hope we can keep her up there!

Post a Comment

share your thoughts...