I LOVE Baking =]]

26.5.11

| | |
So it's been a while since I shared a recipe on here, especially one that I actually made myself! So today I decided I wanted to make cookies, so here we go! A pretty basic and easy to make chocolate cookie recipe that you will LOVE! =]] Enjoy!

Mamabear's Chocolate Cookies
Dough chilled & sliced
  • 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • White Sanding sugar, for garnish
Dough rolled to ball & dusted *optional
Finished result! Yum Yum!!
  1. In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream together with a hand mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the creamed mixture and mix until combined. In a medium bowl, mix the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients and continue mixing until incorporated.
  2. Roll the dough into 2 logs that are about 2-inches high and 1-foot long. Wrap them in waxed paper and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours. 
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  4. Once thoroughly chilled, slice the cookies into 1/2-inch thick rounds and cover with sanding sugar. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
    **Note** I rolled my slices into balls and they were a lot flufflier. If you bake the cookie slices they come out with a 'gingersnap' type shape and consistancy.
  5. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
    **Note** I dusted the cookies with confectioners sugar after they had cooled a bit as well as before they were baked.

Well I hope everyone enjoys this recipe!! It turned out uh-mazing for me!! Can't wait for Hubsie to try them when he gets home =]]
Until next time!!

- mamabear

0 comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts...